Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wildcard Missy Johnson Review

Title: Wildcard: Volume 1
Author: Missy Johnson
 
Synopsis:
 
246.

That's the number of women I've shagged in the last twelve months.

I'm Ryder Stevens.

Don't pretend you don't know me. I'm a god.

I'm hot, I'm British and I take what I want. I'm also the number one ranked tennis player in the world. But it's my off court antics that gain the most attention. I cruise through life, running from one scandal to the next. Hell I can't even take a piss without the world knowing about it.

Rules? Who gives a shit?

Rules are there to be broken and I'm the king of breaking them.

But even the king can be bought to his knees. I'm sidelined with an injury that changes everything.

Maybe my life isn't so perfect after all...
 
My Review:
 
This is the first book I have read by Missy Johnson and I can’t wait to read more! The book grabbed me on the first chapter and the next thing I knew the book was ending. I have a love-hate relationship with serials. I love to read them but hate that they are so short. They leave me wanting more and I’m a tad bit impatient.
 
When the book starts out, we meet Ryder. Now, how can I explain him? He’s a cocky, arrogant, bad boy tennis player. He’s living his life in the fast lane with women, women, and more women. He’s out late every night even when he has a match the next day. To say I hated him at the beginning of the book, that’s definitely an understatement. A random accident, or even fate, causes him to read his fan mail and one letter thoroughly shocks him.
By the end of the book, Ryder redeemed himself in my eyes. The way he changed from the moment he met Scarlet, won me over. He tried his best to help out with her situation. That ending KILLED me. I literally sat for 5 to 10 minutes processing everything I had just read. I felt so bad for Ryder and I hope this doesn’t set back the progress he has made in bettering himself but I fear it will.
Overall I thought this book was amazing and very well written. I’m in desperate need of the second book like NOW.
***** out of 5 stars.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Buy Links:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment